- 700 g butternut squash
- 2 shallots
- coconut oil and olive oil
- 150 ml white wine (Pinot Blanc from the Moselle region) • 500 ml water
- 250 g cooked crayfish
- walnut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 250 ml crème fraîche (30% fat) 25 cl (alternatively, in case of lactose intolerance: 250 ml almond milk)
- seasoning salt
- toasted flax seeds, pumpkin seed, and pumpkin seed oil for garnish
1. Dice the pumpkin into 1.5 cm cubes, skin on. Finely chop the shallots. Sweat the shallots in some coconut oil and olive oil in a large saucepan until translucent. Stir in the diced squash. After about 5 minutes, add the wine and simmer until the alcohol has evaporated. Then add the water, bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the squash is tender.
2. In the meantime, mix the crayfish with 2 tablespoons of walnut oil and seasoning salt and set aside.
3. Add the turmeric and paprika powder to the squash and mix with a hand-held blender until smooth. Stir in the cream (or almond milk). Garnish with crayfish, toasted flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, paprika powder, and some walnut and pumpkin seed oil to serve.