- 240 ml whole milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves)
- 1 shot (30 ml) espresso or 120 ml strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (for topping, optional)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (for garnish, optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar. Heat until hot but do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract into the milk mixture.
- Brew a shot of espresso or make strong brewed coffee. Pour it into a large mug or a glass.
- Pour the spiced pumpkin milk mixture over the espresso or coffee. Stir well.
- Top with whipped cream if desired. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice on top for garnish.
- Sip and savour warm.