For the Ratatouille
- 1 eggplant
- 3 grapes of cherry tomatoes
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion (medium size)
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil / preferred cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
For the peanut butter sauce
- 140 g peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce / tamari
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup / honey
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 50 ml water
For the sandwich
- Rocket salad
- 1 mozzarella ball (large)
- Ciabatta bread
- Mince the onion and the garlic.
- Cut the eggplant, courgette and red pepper into slices.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Heat up the oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic for a few minutes over medium-high heat.
- Toss all the vegetables into the pan and cook them for about 20-30 minutes, while stirring it from time to time.
- Set aside when all cooked.
The peanut butter sauce
- Squeeze the juice of one lime and pour into a small bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix it up.
- If too liquid, add a little bit more of the peanut butter.
- Cut the ciabatta bread in half.
- Slice the mozzarella ball into slices.
- Spread the sauce on the bottom of the bread and top with the cooked vegetables.
- Place the slices of mozzarella above aswell as the rocket leaves.
- Drizzle with some more sauce if desired and top with the other ciabatta half and it is ready to serve.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine