- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 tomatoes and cherry tomatoes (700 g)
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 servings of red lentil pasta
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash and cut the vegetables. Roughly chop the onion. Crush the garlic cloves with the flat side of a knife. Wash the tomatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Add everything to a large baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and roast the tomatoes for 10 more minutes.
- Blend the sauce and let it cool. Transfer to an air-tight container and store it in the fridge for 2 – 3 days.
- Cook the red lentil pasta according to package directions.
- Reheat the sauce. Swirl the drained pasta in the sauce and serve with fresh basil.
Recipe & Picture: Eloïse Jennes (CookingwithElo)