This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
- 150 g carrots
- 150 g celery
- 150 g parsnip
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 500 ml water
- 10 g salt
- 240 g celeriac
- 240 g carrot
- 240 g parsnip
- 240 g lotus root
- 240 g Jerusalem artichoke
- 240g salsify
- 240 g turnips
- 160 g watermelon radish
- 160 g smoked butter
- 150g vegetable stock
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Roughly dice the vegetables. Slice the lemon.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mason jar.
- Weigh down the vegetables with a zip top plastic bag filled with water (to avoid air contact).
- Close the jar and allow to ferment during approximately 7 to 10 days at room temperature (21°C).
- Check the liquid after a couple of days, if it tastes slightly sour (beyond the lemon) you can strain the liquid.
- Store the liquid in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Wash, clean and peel all the vegetables.
- Thinly slice the watermelon radish and cut with a 5cm ring cutter, store in iced water.
- Cut the lotus root, carrots and Jerusalem artichokes into slices.
- Cut the parsnip and turnip into even sized wedges.
- Cut the salsify and celeriac into batonnets, keep them separate.
- Lightly coat the celeriac and salsify with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pre-roast the celeriac and salsify separately in the oven at 180°C for about 10 min.
- Allow to cool.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine