- 1 tsp saffron threads
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 125 g butter
- 320 g Carnaroli rice
- 80 g chunk of Parmesan cheese
- 40 ml white wine
- The night before, put the saffron in a bowl and cover completely with water. Allow to infuse overnight.
- Prepare the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Peel and finely chop the onions.
- In In a large pan, melt 50 g of butter over low heat, add the onions and sweat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the Carnaroli rice and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Deglaze with white wine and simmer until all the alcohol has evaporated.
- Ladle in the stock, always waiting until the risotto rice has absorbed the liquid before adding more. Keep stirring and after 18- 20 minutes, taste the rice to check if it is cooked.
- Five minutes before the end of cooking, fold the saffron water under the risotto.
- Turn off the heat, add salt, and grated cheese to the rice and stir in the remaining 75 g of butter. Cover and let it rest for a few minutes. Divide between four plates and serve immediately.
Picture: Mirjam Pfeiffer
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine