This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
For the dough:
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 250 ml full fat milk, lukewarm
- 500 g Le Moulin T55 flour
- 40 g sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 80 g butter, melted
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- 250 g sweet almond butter or chocolate hazelnut spread
- ½ tsp cinnamon
For the icing:
- A bit of quince jam
- 70 g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp full fat milk
- 20 g flaked almonds, toasted
- Crumble the yeast into the milk, and stir to dissolve.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and salt. Add the melted butter, yeasted milk and egg to the flour while kneading with the kneading attachment of a freestanding mixer. Knead the dough in the machine for 5 minutes (or for 10 minutes if kneading by hand).
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: mix the almond butter or chocolate hazelnut spread with the cinnamon.
- Turn the dough onto a flour-dusted work surface and roll into a rectangle approximately 60 x 40 cm. Cut the rectangle into 8 long strips. Spread the filling over four strips, then top each with another bare strip. Carefully twist each piece of pastry so it looks like a twisted straw, then shape into pretzels and place on a cooking plate lined with baking paper. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Before they go in the oven, brush each pretzel with a bit of milk and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. As soon as they come out of the oven, brush the hot pretzels with quince jam and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, make the icing: mix the icing sugar with the milk to become a thick icing.
- Drizzle each pretzel with icing and sprinkle with toasted almond flakes.
Discover more on LE MOULIN's website !
Leave to set for at least 2 hours before serving, so that the icing becomes firm.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine