For the pear puree
- 4 pears
- 2 oranges
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
For the pancakes
- 200 g wholemeal flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 150 ml skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
The pear puree
- Peel the pears, cut them into quarters, remove the core and cut into small pieces.
- Squeeze the oranges and pour the juice into a saucepan. Add the pear pieces with the cinnamon and cook for ten minutes over a medium heat until soft. If desired, puree the pears with a hand blender to a fine or coarse puree.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and milk with a hand mixer, then gradually add the flour until you have a smooth batter.
- Coat a frying pan with a little olive oil and heat it. Ladle some batter into the pan.
- When the pancake starts to bubble on top and becomes dry, you can flip it. This takes about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Cook the pancake for another minute on the other side and transfer it to a plate. Repeat until there is no batter left.
- Serve the pancakes warm with the pear puree.
Recipe & Picture: Jill Novak