- 150 g sugar
- 150 g butter
- 1 egg
- 300 g flour
- 1⁄4 pack baking powder
- 200 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 50 g vanilla pudding powder
- 500 ml milk
- 8-10 apples (Jonagold)
1. Stir butter and sugar until foamy, add egg.
2. Stir in the sifted flour and baking powder.
3. Form a ball and wrap the dough in cling film or aluminium foil and put it in the fridge (the dough can also be prepared the day before).
4. Roll out the dough and place in buttered moulds.
5. Peel the apples and cut them into thin strips.
6. Place the apples on the dough.
7. Prepare the custard: froth up the sugar, pudding powder, and eggs with a whisk, stir in the milk and pour the mixture over the apples up to the edge of the dough.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C (top and bottom heat) for 45 minutes. Leave to cool in the mould.
To make the best ‘Rhubarbstaart’, use the same basic recipe.
Recipe : Alice Steffen