- 400 g chicken breast
- cooking oil
- 4 avocados
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 8 ready-made bagels
- 175 g fresh cheese
- fresh chives
- a handful of sprouted seeds
Homemade bagel (optional):
- 300 g water
- 15 g fresh baker's yeast
- 115 g caster sugar
- 600 g wheat flour with cereals, and a little for the work surface
- 2 heaped teaspoons of salt
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1500 g water, plus some for baking
- 1 egg
- Put 300 g water, baking powder, 40 g sugar, flour and salt in the bowl and knead for 5 minutes. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface, roll it into a ball with a little flour, then divide it into 6 equal-sized pieces. With the palm of your hand, roll each piece of dough on itself, then flatten it to give it the shape of a regular cake (Ø 14 cm approx.).
- Place a finger in the centre of the first patty and make a round, even hole through the entire thickness of the dough by turning the finger until the dough is pierced. Place the bagel thus shaped on a sheet of baking paper and repeat the operation with the 5 other bagels. Cover with a cloth and leave to rise for about 30 minutes. The bagels should double in size. Clean the bowl.
- In the meantime, place the 400 g of chicken breast on the tray of the varoma.
- Put the water in the bowl, then put the varoma in place and cook for 15 to 20 minutes / Varoma / Speed 2, depending on the thickness of the chicken fillets.
- Leave the chicken to cool then cut it into slices using a sharp knife. Store the chicken slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Clean the bowl.
- At the end of the cooking time, place a baking tray in the oven, put a small container of water in the bottom of the oven and preheat the oven to 210°C (gas mark 7).
- Put the remaining 1500 g of water, the remaining 75 g of sugar and the bicarbonate into a saucepan (Ø 20 cm) and bring to the boil. Using a skimmer, dip the bagels one by one into the boiling water for about 1 minute, making sure that they do not blister. The dough should rise without splitting. Drain on a sheet of baking paper. Brush the tops of the bagels with beaten egg using a kitchen brush. Place the bagels in the oven, sliding the baking paper over the hot baking tray, and bake for 15 minutes at 210°C. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once the chicken is cooked when making the chicken salad, use two forks (or an hand mixer) to shred the chicken. Set the chicken slices aside in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
On the day itself:
- Put the avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the bowl, then blend for 3 seconds at speed 6.
- Add the shredded chicken, chopped chives and blend for 3 seconds on speed 3.
- Cut the bagels in half and toast them in a toaster or oven preheated to 200°C.
- Top the bagels with cream cheese, avocado cream and sprouts.
Photo & recipe: Eloïse Jennes
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine