- 500 g macaroni
- 4 tsp. vegan butter
- 4 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 500 ml unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 200 g vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions until al dente, then drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the vegan butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the flour and continue to cook for 2 minutes, or until the mixture forms a paste.
- Gradually pour in the non-dairy milk, whisking continuously, until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Add the dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric powder, paprika powder, salt and pepper, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is heated through.
- Stir in the shredded vegan cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top of the macaroni and cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy your homemade vegan mac-n-cheese!
Note: You can use any type of non-dairy milk that you prefer, such as almond milk, soy milk or oat milk. You can also use a different type of vegan cheese, or a combination of different cheeses, if you prefer.