- 60 g flour
- 125 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 15 g butter
- 25 ml beetroot juice
- clarified butter
- also (for the filling) 100 g sour cream
- 1 tsp. wasabi paste, alternatively freshly grated horseradish
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated organic lemon
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 200 g fine organic smoked salmon
- fresh dill
- Put the flour, milk, egg and salt in a mixing bowl. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add it while stirring. Stir in the beetroot juice as well. Leave the dough to rest for 30 minutes, covered.
- Melt the clarified butter in a pan. Pour the batter into the (not too) hot pan, swirl the pan in a circular motion so that the batter is evenly distributed. Bake the pancake at a gentle temperature until the surface is set. Do not turn. Leave to cool on a flat dish.
- Mix the sour cream with the wasabi paste. Add the lemon juice and zest, season with salt and pepper. Flip the pancake, spread the cream on the underside and top with the salmon slices. Cut off the tips of the dill and spread over the salmon.
- Roll up the pancake and cut the roll into 2 cm thick slices. Place the rolls on a plate and decorate with fresh dill and serve with the aperitif.
Recipe: Heike Meyers