- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4 medium-sized onions
- 175 g mushrooms
- 200 g bacon
- 80 g butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 175 g grated mozzarella cheese, or any other cheese of choice
- freshly ground pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt 30 g butter in a large frypan and sauté mushrooms and bacon for 5 minutes or until cooked. Remove from frypan.
- Add remaining 50 g of butter to the same frypan, add the onions, sugar and salt. Cook gently for 15 minutes or until softened and lightly golden. Pour the balsamic vinegar over the onions, season with some pepper and cook for additional 5 minutes. Set aside and let slightly cool down.
- Place puff pastry onto a baking paper lined tray and prick with a fork a few times. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese, leaving a 1cm border around the edges. Top with the caramelised onions, mushrooms, bacon and remaining cheese and sprinkle some thyme over the tart.
- Bake at 200°C for about 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Top with some freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately.