- 2 medium carrots (about 190 g)
- 1 1⁄2 ripe bananas (160 g peeled)
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 organic egg
- 70 g of coconut flour
- 50 g of almond butter
- 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds
- a dash of cinnamon and vanilla
- 60 ml of milk (any type)
- 100 g whipped coconut cream or cream cheese
- some pomegranate seeds
1. Wash and cut the carrots, place them in a blender and blend until they become a rough puree.
2. Add the bananas, the Medjool dates and the egg to the carrots and blend again until it becomes a homogenous paste.
3. Add the coconut flour, the almond butter, the flax seeds, the cinnamon and vanilla as well as the milk and pulse until a firm dough has formed.
4. Preheat the oven to 190 °C and line a 20 x 12 cm ceramic baking pan with parchment paper.
5. Pour the dough in the baking pan and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes. Check 5-10 minutes earlier if you are using another type of baking pan.
6. Once the cake is baked, allow it to cool completely. Garnish with the whipped coconut cream or cream cheese and decorate with pomegranate seeds.
Recipe: Vesela Savova