- 250 g fermenting flour (white or wholemeal)
- ½ tsp bicarbonate
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 60 g walnuts
- 50 g neutral oil
- 80 g maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 250 g Greek yoghurt
Optional side dish:
- Greek yoghurt
- Pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Oil a rectangular baking tin and line it with baking paper.
- Place the flour, spices and bicarbonate in a bowl and whisk together.
- Whisk the eggs in a second bowl. Add oil, maple syrup and Greek yoghurt; whisk to a smooth batter.
- Pour this mixture over the flour and mix well.
- Add grated carrots and coarsely chopped nuts; mix.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. To check if the cake is cooked, stick a skewer into the centre: it should come out dry. If the cake is browning too quickly, cover it with aluminium foil.
- Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and let it cool. Keep it well covered in the fridge. Serve with Greek yoghurt and pumpkin seeds.
- Enjoy with a cup of Nespresso Vertuo Melozio coffee.
Recipe : Nespresso