- 30 g tapioca flour
- 800 ml canned coconut milk (see tips)
- 400 ml canned coconut cream (see tips)
- 3 probiotic capsules (see tips)
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Fresh fruit and edible flowers, to serve
- Sterilise jars.
- Whisk tapioca flour and 60 ml of the coconut milk in a small bowl until smooth and combined.
- Pour tapioca mixture into a medium saucepan, whisk in remaining coconut milk and the coconut cream until combined. Stir mixture over low heat for 10 minutes or until it boils and thickens. Remove pan from heat; place a cooking thermometer in the pan, then stand until mixture cools to 43°C. Once cooled, open probiotic capsules, add the capsule powder and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to warm sterilised jars; seal immediately. Stand in a warm place for 12hours or until cultured (the mixture will taste slightly sour) and thickened slightly. Refrigerate for 24 hours or until coconut yoghurt thickens further. Coconut yoghurt will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Tapioca flour is gluten-free and available from major supermarkets, health-food stores and Asian grocers. Buy coconut milk and coconut cream without additives, preservatives and stabilisers, otherwise the set of the yoghurt might be affected. Probiotic capsules are avail- able from pharmacies and health-food stores. Serve topped with kiwifruit, figs, blueberries, raspberries and edible flowers. You can use any combination of seasonal fruits you prefer.