- 4 fat leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 large fennel bulbs, finely sliced
- 500 ml full fat milk
- 300 g smoked haddock
- 250 ml sour cream
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 1 l clear fish stock
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- salt and milled pepper
1. Heat butter in a saucepan and sweat off leeks and fennel. Add milk and bring to the boil. Add fish and cover.
2. Remove from heat and stand for 10 minutes (fish should cook perfectly in residual heat).
3. Remove fish, flake and discard skin and bones. Add stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir through cream and blitz until smooth.
4. Mix cornstarch with a little water, stir into soup and cook until soup thickens slightly.
5. Season and ladle into bowls. Serve topped with haddock.