- 4 sausages
- Vegetable oil
- 400 g of pasta
- 200 ml cream (or dairy-free alternative)
- Fresh basil
For the pesto
- 1 jar of red peppers preserved in oil and vinegar (about 150 g drained)
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 heaped tbsp tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp parmesan
- In a pan, dry-roast the pine nuts until golden brown. Add them to a small blender with the drained red peppers, garlic, olive oil, and parmesan. Blend until combined. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Heat a pan with vegetable oil and add in the sausages. Cook them over medium-high heat for 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Then, turn down the heat and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 more minutes, flipping them half-way through. Let cool and transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Bring water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In the meantime, cut the sausages into 1.5 cm slices. Reheat them in a pan over low heat. When warm, add in the pesto and cream. Stir until a sauce forms.
- Add in the cooked and drained pasta. Serve with fresh basil and more parmesan cheese.