For the potatoes
- 2 kg potatoes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons (zest)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
For the lemon pesto dip
- 150 g sour cream
- 150 g fat-free quark
- ½ lemon (juice)
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 10 g fresh basil (finely chopped)
- Wash the potatoes and boil them in salted water for about 25 minutes until soft.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C fan.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Use the base of a water glass to squash the potatoes down keeping them in one piece.
- Mix the olive oil with the lemon zest, dried oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper. Use a brush to spread the marinade evenly over the smashed potatoes.
- Bake for 30 ‒ 35 minutes until crispy.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dip by combining the sour cream, fat-free quark, lemon juice, lemon zest, pesto and basil. Season to taste and serve with the crispy smashed potatoes.
Recipe & Picture: Liz Sinner