- 150 g millet
- 2 tbsp mixed dried herbs
- 150 g firm tofu
- 2 tbsp flour
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 60 g snow peas
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- 80 g salad mix
- Bring the millet to a simmer in twice its volume of water and cook covered on medium heat for 18 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Fluff it with a fork, cover it again and leave it to rest for 10 minutes. Mix in the dried herbs.
- Cut the tofu into medium slices. Dry it with kitchen roll to absorb any excess water. Season the tofu with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan and add the oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and the flax seeds. Coat the tofu slices in this mixture and add them to the frying pan. Cook for 5 minutes on each side until brown.
- Boil the snow peas in 2 volumes of water for about 6 minutes or until soft.
- In a small saucepan, bring salted water to the boil. Add the eggs and cook for 4–5 minutes. Serve them immediately after peeling them.
- Put everything in a bowl, add the salad and top with the egg. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe & Picture: Paula Soryano
Snow peas can be found in most supermarkets or Asian food and grocery stores.