- 160 g Brazil nuts
- 80 g almond kernels
- 50 g pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- 50 g sunflower seed kernels
- 30 g unsweetened flaked coconut
- 35 g cacao nibs
- 110 g Inca berries
- 420 g berry coconut yoghurt
- Fresh fruit and edible flowers, to serve (see serving ideas)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place Brazil nuts and almonds on an oven tray, roast for 10 minutes or until browned lightly and fragrant. Chop nuts coarsely; place in a large bowl.
3. Roast seeds on an oven tray for 8 minutes or until browned lightly; add to bowl.
4. Roast coconut on an oven tray for 4 minutes or until browned lightly and fragrant. Add to bowl with cacao nibs and Inca berries, stir to combine.
5. Spoon crunch bowl mixture into serving bowls, then the yoghurt. Serve topped with fruit and edible flowers.
Any combination of nuts and seeds can be used in this recipe. Inca berries are also known as cape gooseberries and have a wonderful tangy flavour. They are high in vitamins C, B and A and are available at some supermarkets and health food stores.
Serve the crunch bowl mix as a muesli, or sprinkle on top of yoghurt or fruit, scattered with edible flowers and vegan chocolate, if you like. It also doubles as a trail mix for an energy-rich snack on the go.
Serve your crunch bowl topped with dragonfruit, honeydew, figs, kiwifruit, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, pomegranate seeds and raspberries. You can use any combination of seasonal fruits you prefer.