For the hummus
- 200 g chickpeas
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice)
- ½ tsp salt
For the falafel & quinoa bowl
- 120 g quinoa
- 6 falafels (ready-made)
- 2 pita breads
- 250 g marinated purple cabbage (jar)
- 100 g kalamata olives
- Fresh coriander
- Pumpkin seeds
- Blend the chickpeas, peeled garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt in a food processor.
- Rinse the quinoa and bring it to a boil at medium heat in twice its volume of water (240 ml). Lower the heat, cover the pan and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In a small pan, cook the falafels on medium heat for 5 minutes. Right before serving, bake the pitas for
2 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C/160°C fan.
- Fill half the bowl with equal portions of quinoa, hummus and cabbage. Fill the other side with the falafels and olives. Serve with chopped coriander, a handful of pumpkin seeds and the warm pita.
Recipe & picture: Paula Soryano