For the yeast dough
- 250 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 12 g yeast
- 75 g butter, melted
For the Streusel
- 175 g flour
- 150 g butter
- 150 g sugar
For the pudding
- 1 l milk
- 2 packs pudding mix
- 100 g sugar
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- Mix the yeast with a dash of lukewarm milk and set aside.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and form a well. Pour the dissolved yeast with the sugar into the well, mix with a bit of flour, then cover and leave to rise for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add the salt, melted butter and eggs to the well and gradually combine, starting from the centre, to form a smooth dough. Beat the dough vigorously. The dough should be smooth and shiny.
- Cover and leave to rest in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- Mix 1⁄4 litre of cold milk with the pudding mix and sugar. Heat the remaining milk.
- Add the milk-pudding mixture to the warm milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk. The mixture only needs to boil for half a minute. Transfer the pudding to a cold bowl immediately – it should now be very stiff.
- Add the flour and butter into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the sugar and form a crumble.
- Now, roll out 2/3 of the yeast dough and line the bottom of a greased pie dish with it (Ø 26 cm). Roll out the rest of the dough very thinly
- Spread the cooled pudding evenly over the base. Coat the edges with egg wash, place the pastry lid on top, firmly press the edges in place and coat the top-layer of the pie in another layer of egg wash.
- Spread the crumble on top and bake on a medium heat at 200°C for 30 minutes.
Recipe : Anne Lommel
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine