- 70g oats (gluten free)
- 30 cornstarch
- ½ pack (5g) baking powder
- 1 egg
- 50g unsweetened applesauce
- 40g maple syrup
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp coconut oil
Optional: 2tbsp chocolate chips
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave (at 650W, stirring every 20 to 30 seconds) and set aside.
- Grind the oats in a small blender or food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground oats, the cornstarch and the baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg, the applesauce, the maple syrup, the apple cider vinegar and the melted coconut oil. Add chocolate chips if desired. Combine until a homogeneous batter forms.
- Grease the waffle iron with a little coconut oil and preheat it.
- As soon as the waffle iron is ready, pour about 1 large tablespoon of batter in each square and bake for 3 to 4 minutes. Remember to grease again if necessary.
- Using a fork, carefully remove the waffles. Serve with toppings of your choice (maple syrup, fresh fruit, soy yogurt, etc.)
The waffles are best served when coming out of the waffle maker. However, you can also freeze them and reheat them in the toaster or microwave later.
Recipe by Cooking with Elo
- You can replace the maple syrup with honey, but the taste will be different. - If you don’t own a waffle iron, you can easily make pancakes with this batter.