- 10 - 12 untreated organic lemons
- 1 l pure alcohol
- 730 g sugar
- 1 l water
1. Wash the lemons and peel the skin thinly (with a peeler), taking care that only the yellow layer is peeled off (the whiteness of the lemon would make the limoncello bitter).
2. Place the lemon peel with the alcohol in a large closed container and leave to stand for 3 - 4 weeks in a dark place. From time to time shake the container lightly.
3. Bring 730 g sugar briefly to the boil with 1 l water and allow to cool slightly.
4. Filter the lemon peel and alcohol stock (pour through a sieve) and mix with the sugar syrup.
5. Fill into nice bottles and close tightly. Store in fridge or freezer and enjoy ice cold.