- 900 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 250 g kale or cabbage, chopped
- 125 ml milk
- 125 g butter
- 150 g bacon, crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until they are tender, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, cook the diced bacon in a frying pan until it is crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt half of the butter and sauté the onion until it is soft and translucent.
- Add the chopped kale or cabbage to the pan and cook until it is wilted and tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Add the remaining butter and milk, and mash until the potatoes are smooth and creamy.
- Add the cooked onion, kale/cabbage, and bacon to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot as a side dish and add piece of butter on the top.