For the biscuit
- 3 egg yolks (60 g)
- 115 g icing sugar
- 2 eggs (120 g)
- 3 egg whites
- 70 g sifted flour
- The zest of a lemon
For the meringue
- 240 g sugar
- 120 ml water
- 4 soaked and well-pressed gelatine sheets
- 130 g egg whites
For the avocado cream
- 1 ripe, but not too ripe avocado
- The juice of a lemon
- 40% of the weight of the avocado in cottage cheese
- 40% of the weight of the avocado in meringue
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, scraped off
1. Whisk the yolks, eggs, and zest.
2. Beat the egg whites with the sugar until stiff.
3. Add some of the egg whites to the whisked eggs, then add the flour and the rest of the whites.
4. Spread the mixture on a sheet of parchment paper, about 2‒3 mm thick.
5. Bake at 190° for 4 minutes. Do not overbake to keep the biscuit soft.
6. Remove from the oven and cover with cling film to prevent the biscuit from drying out.
1. Heat the sugar and water to 120°C to make a syrup.
2. Whisk the egg whites until almost stiff.
3. Pour the syrup over the egg whites.
4. Then add the gelatine.
1. Blend the avocado with the lemon juice and vanilla.
2. Add the cottage cheese and the meringue and mix with a spatula to avoid breaking the cottage cheese.
Spread the avocado cream on the biscuit 2‒3 mm thick and roll up immediately, pressing down tightly. Set aside in a cool place and cover in cling film..
Recipe : François Jagut
For a caramelized touch, sprinkle the roll with icing sugar, flame-heat the tines of a stainless-steel fork and place immediately on the sugar, which will caramelize directly. Do not hesitate to flame-heat the fork several times.
You can accompany this lemon avocado roll with a seasonal fruit salad.