- 150 g butter, room temperature
- 75 g icing sugar
- Grated zest of 1 organic lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 160 g flour
- 70 g cornflour
- A little lemon juice
- Icing sugar
- 1 jar lemon curd
1. Cream the butter with the sugar, vanilla sugar and lemon zest for at least 3 minutes until white and creamy.
2. Knead in the flour, cornflour and milk.
3. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3 mm on a sheet of baking paper, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for approx. 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C top/bottom heat.
5. Cut out biscuits with an egg-shaped biscuit cutter. Cut a small round hole in half of the “eggs.”
6. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
7. For the icing, mix some lemon juice with icing sugar to make a spreadable icing. Brush the biscuits with the hole with the icing.
8 Put a blob of lemon curd on the remaining biscuits. Then place the biscuits with the hole on top. Your fried eggs are ready.
Recipe : Heike Meyers