- 24 g fennel
- 40 g celeriac trimmings
- 30 g onion
- 24 g butter
- 260 ml Chicken Stock
- 14 g flour
- 0.5 g orange zest
- 1.5 g Thai basil
- 50 g celeriac brunoise (pan-fried until just coloured)
- breadcrumbs, egg white and flour (for the breading)
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 g Dijon mustard
- 60 ml walnut oil
- 40 ml sunflower oil
- 10 ml lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 25 ml orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
Walnut and Orange Mayonnaise:
- Combine the sunflower oil with the walnut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg yolk, lemon zest and orange zest. Whisk lightly.
- Gradually add the oil mixture while whisking continuously.
- To finish: add the lemon juice and orange juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pass through a fine sieve.
- Transfer to a piping bag and store in the refrigerator until needed
- Cut the fennel, celeriac trimmings and onions into small mirepoix.
- Sweat with half of the butter until fragrant. Add the chicken stock and simmer until reduced to 200 ml. After straining you should obtain 150 ml.
- In another pan, melt the rest of the butter and add the flour to form a roux. Add the strained stock while stirring vigorously.
- Cook until it thickens. Add the orange zest, Thai basil and pan-fried celeriac brunoise.
- Allow to cool.
- Shape into balls of 2cm diameter and put into the freezer.
- Bread it with plain flour, egg and fine breadcrumbs.
- Return to the freezer.
- Bread it for a second time with only egg and breadcrumbs.
- Return to the freezer until needed.
- Deep-fry at around 170°C for approximately 2 min (until golden brown)