- 300 g Le Moulin 1704 macaroni
- 1 large aubergine
- 400 g peeled tomatoes (or tomato passata)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200 g ricotta salata
- Fresh basil leaves
- Virgin olive oil
- Some cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 200 ml vegetable oil (for frying)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Trim the top and the bottom of the aubergine, then cut it into strips. Heat up the vegetable oil in a frying pan or small saucepan.
- Once the oil has reached frying temperature (around 180°C), add a handful of the aubergine strips and fry until golden brown. Then take them out and repeat this step with the remaining strips. Set them aside.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Heat up a generous drizzle of olive oil in a pan on a low to medium heat. Chop the garlic cloves and fry until brown.
- Add the peeled tomatoes (or passata) to the pan and cook on a low heat. Stir with a wooden spoon, then season with salt and pepper.
- Once the water is boiling, add the Le Moulin 1704 macaroni and cook according to the instructions
on the packet.
- When the pasta is almost done, add three-quarters of the fried aubergine strips and some basil leaves to the tomato sauce. Then, add a small cup of pasta water to the sauce, mix well and cook for another minute.
- Once the pasta is done, strain it, add it to the sauce and stir well.
- Grate some ricotta salata into the pan and stir until it has melted.
- Garnish with the rest of the fried aubergine, basil leaves, some cherry tomatoes and ricotta salata. Serve immediately.
For more Le Moulin 1704 recipes, visit www.lemoulin1704.lu