- 1 bunch leeks, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 500 g button mushrooms
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 tbsp dried mushrooms, soaked
- 125 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Sauté the leeks in a knob of butter in a large pot until soft.
- Gently wash or brush the button mushrooms, quarter or halve them depending on their size, then add to the pot and brown them.
- Add the chicken stock, a sprig of thyme and the soaked dried mushrooms. Stir thoroughly then let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the double cream and blend until smooth.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water then add to the soup.
- Cook for another 20 minutes to thicken. Serve with toast or croutons.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine