- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped oregano, plus extra to serve
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs, on the bone
- 200 g mixed dark-green leaves, such as kale and spinach, coarsely chopped
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 200 g instant polenta
- 50 g parmesan, finely grated
- 200 g mascarpone
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Biltz the herbs, lemon rind, 2 garlic cloves and olive oil in a food processor to combine, season to taste and add half the lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl, add chicken, massage to coat well, then spread on a large baking tray lined with baking paper and roast for 15 – 18 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blanch the greens until wilted, drain and refresh, then blitz in a food processor with the remaining garlic to a purée.
- Bring stock and 300 ml water to the boil in a saucepan, add the polenta, whisking continuously, then season generously to taste. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 – 4 minutes, whisking, until thick and smooth. Remove from the heat, whisk in the parmesan, then combine the green purée and mascarpone.
- To serve, divide the green polenta among serving bowls. Squeeze remaining lemon over the roast chicken, place on top of the polenta, drizzle with roasting juices and serve hot scattered with extra oregano.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine