- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 + 1 tbsp butter
- 500 g potatoes, peeled, coarsely grated
- 150 g carrots, grated
- 100 g Appenzeller®, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Fry the shallots in 1 tablespoon hot butter. Set aside. In a bowl, wring out the potatoes with your hands to extract as much water as possible.
- Mix the potatoes with the carrots and shallots. Add the Appenzeller®, egg and flat-leaf parsley. Season with pepper (and salt if necessary). Set aside.
- Heat the oil and remaining butter in a frying pan. Add 2 tablespoons of the potato mixture. Cook gently for 8 minutes, until the bottom is lightly browned. Turn the rösti over and continue cooking until this side is also golden brown. Keep them warm
- Serve with an arugula salad.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine