- 450 g cake flour
- 3 ml baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 220 g unsalted butter, softened
- 200 g (1cup) sugar
- 2 larg eeggs
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Place the softened butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high speed until pale and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat to incorporate.
5. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the flour, beating well until combined and a soft dough forms.
6. Remove dough from bowl, divide in half, place between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to a 2cm thickness per batch. Use a round cutter to cut rounds and stamp with a cookie stamp if you have one.
7. Place the cookies on the baking tray and bake in the preheated oven until crisp and golden, 10 – 12 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, allow to cool and serve with bottles of chocolate milk.
COOK’S TIP: These cookies keep well for up to 3 weeks in a sealed cookie jar.