- 500 g wheat flour (type 550)
- 4 g salt
- 80 g sugar
- 5 g cinnamon
- 90 g natural wheat leaven (if not available, use 7.5 g baking powder)
- 70 g vegetable margarine
- 200 g coconut milk
- 50 g soya or rice milk
- 5 g fresh baker’s yeast
- 90 g apple sauce
- Chocolate chips, to decorate
- Combine all the dry ingredients with the wheat leaven in the bowl.
- Heat the liquid ingredients to 37°C and dilute the yeast.
- Add to the dry mixture and knead for 10 minutes on medium speed. Add the compote.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and leave to rise for about 1 hour in a warm room.
- Cut into small pieces (about 90 g per piece), degas and shape into “Boxemännchen,” then place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Cover and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200°C. Add chocolate chips for the eyes and decorate with soya milk and sugar. Bake for 10 minutes at 200°C.
Recipe : Julie Jager (Bakhaus)
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine