- 250 g white cabbage, diced
- 150 g grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 red onion, diced
- A small piece of grated ginger
- 75 g rice vermicelli
- A few fresh coriander leaves
- Oil for frying
- 1 egg
- Sweet chilli sauce to serve the spring rolls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20 spring roll wrappers
- Put the rice vermicelli in warm water for 5 minutes, drain it and cut it with a knife.
- Heat a little oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add the onion. Brown it over a high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, tomato paste and mix.
- Add the vegetables: cabbage and carrots, and mix well.
- Add pepper and soy sauce, salt and mix. Cook over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stop cooking and add the chopped fresh coriander and the vermicelli.
- Put a wrap on your clean working surface by positioning a corner towards you. Add one to two spoons of stuffing to the third closest to you then fold the bottom corner over the preparation, pressing lightly to remove any air bubbles. Fold in the same direction again then fold the right sides then left. Turn over again and fold up. Brush some egg to close and seal the roller well. Set aside and redo for each roll.
- Fry the rolls in hot oil. Turn them over and take them out when they are golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce
Check out the video below for folding explanations.