- 3 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 150 g sugar snaps
- 1 red pepper
- 200 g broccoli
- 225 g lychees (tinned or fresh)
- 200 ml water
- 3 tbsp yellow Thai curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 30 g unsalted peanuts
- Finely chop the spring onions, garlic and ginger.
- Separate the broccoli into its individual florets. Wash the sugar snaps and cut the red pepper into cubes.
- Pit the lychees if using fresh ones or drain them if using canned lychees.
- Heat the oil in a pot or large pan, and fry the garlic, ginger, and spring onions for 3 minutes. Add the curry paste and fry for another minute. Deglaze with water and coconut milk, add the broccoli, red pepper and sugar snaps, and let simmer covered for 10 minutes. Add the lychees after 8 minutes. Season to perfection with salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop the peanuts and sprinkle them on top. Serve the curry with white rice or rice noodles.
Recipe & Picture: Liz Sinner