- 1 zucchini, sliced into ½ cm rounds
- 100 ml pizza sauce
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Dried and fresh basil
- Dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchini into ½ cm rounds and arrange them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle some salt over the rounds and set aside for a 10 minutes.
- Then top each zucchini round with 1 tsp of the pizza sauce. Sprinkle them with the mozzarella cheese. Top them with the bell pepper and sprinkle with a pinch of dried basil and dried oregano.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake them for 18-20 minutes, or until the zucchini is soft to the touch, the cheese is melted, and the toppings are lightly browned and crispy.
- Serve immediately.
You can use the toppings you like, as mushrooms, onions and even ham or sausage. As well as the choice of spices, you can also sprinkle some chilli flakes or garlic powder on top.