This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
KACHEN has compiled for you a short list of the best places to have a drink on a terrace in Luxembourg. Cheers!
The beautiful weather always reveals a desire to make the most of these extended days. To do this, we rush to one of the bars in the city or the country that have set up their terraces to make us feel like we’re on holiday in the heart of Luxembourg. Off we go!
- De Gudde Wëllen: One goes there for the superb terrace overlooking the valley of the Pétrusse, for the music and for the unparalleled atmosphere.
- Kyosk: it’s THE summer bar set in the middle of nature, just behind the Coque! Ideal for a drink after work while playing a game of pétanque, and all this in the heart of Kirchberg.
- Rotondes: This bar in the Bonnevoie district needs no introduction. Children can run freely between the long wooden tables, while you sip a beer, illuminated by the “guinguette” lights at nightfall.
- Artisan’ale: This bar specialising in craft beers will delight both aficionados and first-timers, especially for its terrace on the Avenue de la Liberté, which is very quiet in the evening.
- Beim Renert: We love this old bar in the city centre, which fills up and comes alive throughout the day with regulars, families and workers. Its magnificent terrace, which extends over Place Guillaume, invites you to take your time and have a drink on its terrace.
- Bonne Nouvelle: a fine list of natural wines and local beers (including the Satori created by the young owners), and a quiet location on Reuter Avenue: the winning combination for a successful spring and summer evening.
- Scott’s Pub: You can’t miss the most beautiful terrace of the Grund, where you can sip a beer or a cocktail while admiring the ducks moving gently along the Alzette.
- Vins Fins: In the heart of the Grund, in a beautiful cobbled alleyway, nestles this wine bar where you can spend endless evenings sipping glasses of wine, comfortably seated on its pretty terrace. The owner selects organic and biodynamic wines.
Beyond the city
- Kufa Summer Bar (Bistrot Ratelach): This place, which combines culture, party and food in a friendly atmosphere, is truly unique. Yes, it’s the perfect combo to enjoy a nice summer evening.
- Tiny Bar, Remich Plage: This small but sturdy bar sits quietly along the Moselle. You can enjoy a glass of Moselle wine with your feet in the sand and your eyes facing the water. No, this is not too much of a dream!
- Boos Café: Behind the Bambesch forest, this unmissable bar promises an escape: a large terrace at the back sheltered by trees, sand, beach-like wooden furniture and the sweet sounds of music! Yes, you are still in Luxembourg.
- Lakeside: On a weekend trip to Echternach, stop for a drink at the Lakeside bar! The children can play on the grass, while you enjoy the sunshine. And the view of the lake is perfect for a drink on the terrace.
Picture: De Gudde Wëllen