- 150 g grated cheese (Comté or Emmental or Gruyère)
- 60 g butter
- 60 g flour
- 40 cl semi-skimmed milk
- 4 eggs
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- First prepare a sauce béchamel.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then stir in the flour and gradually add the milk. Bring to the boil, season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Let it cool down a little.
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white. Add the 4 egg yolks and the cheese to the béchamel sauce and stir in. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt to a firm beaten egg white and fold into the béchamel sauce.
- Spread the mixture on previously buttered and floured soufflé cups and bake in a preheated oven at 180° C for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- If you prefer to make a large soufflé, pour the mix into a large oven-proof bowl and leave it in the oven at 180° C for about 40 minutes.
Here are a few tips to make sure the soufflé is a success:
- Never open the oven during baking.
- Line the tins well with butter and flour.
- Preheat the oven well.
- The béchamel sauce can be made well in advance and kept warm in a bain-marie so that the soufflé can be prepared at the last minute.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine