- 600 g of tenderloin beef
- Salt and pepper
- 3 shallots
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl wine vinegar
- 2 dl soy sauce for the marinade
- Thinly curled leaf salad
- 20 g sweet and sour pickles
- 1⁄2 raw red beetroot
- Fresh herbs: tarragon, chives, chervil, cilantro, coriander
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce › Salt and pepper
- 2 dl sunflower oil
1. Cook the beef in butter, keeping it rare.
2. Leave it to marinate in the vin- egar, soy sauce and black pepper mixture for 4 hours. Pat dry and cut into thin slices.
3. Whip up the mayonnaise in a bowl, combine the egg yolks, mustard, salt, pepper and soy sauce. Stir vigorously to bind the ingredi- ents together, then gradually add the oil, whisking the sauce vigor- ously with a whisk. Check the seasoning.
4. Thinly julienne the beetroot. Mix the curly lettuce and beetroot sticks with the fresh herbs and a teaspoon of soy mayonnaise.
5. Arrange the slices of meat on a plate with a few grains of coarse salt and a turn of the pepper mill. Cut the shallots into slices, hard boil the eggs and slice them finely. Garnish with slices of shallots and eggs and a few slices of sweet and sour gherkins.
6. Pour the mayonnaise into a pip- ing bag and pipe a few dots onto the meat. Serve the salad separately.
Recipe : Paul Fourier