- 375 g fresh-podded or frozen peas (thawed)
- 125 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 75 g plain flour, plus 1⁄2 cup extra
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 110 g seed mix
- Canola oil, for shallow-frying
- Mixed pea salad, to serve (see tip)
For the capsicum sauce
- 270 g roasted red capsicum in strips, drained
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Process all ingredients except egg and seeds until well blended. Season.
Shape tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Dust in extra flour, dip in egg and roll in mixed seeds to coat.
Place on a lined tray and chill for 30 minutes.
The capsicum sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Season.
Heat oil (enough to shallow-fry) in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook falafel in 2 batches, 4 minutes each, turning once, until golden. Drain.
Serve falafel with sauce and mixed pea salad.