- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp ghee or 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds • 1 small onion
- tsp each of chopped ginger root, garlic and chili
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 100 ml water
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp coconut flakes (optional)
- Peel and finely chop onions and garlic. Wash and seed the chili and chop into thin slices. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Ghee Heat the ghee and briefly fry the cumin seeds. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chili and stir fry briefly. Add the turmeric and curry powder and stir.
- Add the sweet potatoes with 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt, add 100 ml of water and cook gently with the lid closed for 10-15 minutes. Finally, add the coconut milk and let simmer briefly. Stir in the almond butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with coconut flakes to serve if desired.
Note: Enjoy the spicy sweet potatoes with some rice and your favourite chutney on the side.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine